Saturday, May 30, 2015

Hello New York!!

The day has arrived!! Today I headed to New York with the Fashion Design department at my school. This trip is a required part of our curriculum, and with it we will get to have once in a lifetime opportunities to meet with influential figures in the fashion industry. We will get the chance to visit Earnshaw's, the go-to childrenswear magazine for those in the children's clothing industry, PRPS Goods, a renown men's jeanswear company, and Nanette Lepore, just to name a few.

Once we got to New York today it was all about walking around and exploring the city.

We checked into our hotel, bought metro passes for the subway - a grand experience on its own, walked around for a little bit, and then had dinner.

Having now experienced the subway, I can fully understand why most people don't like it. It gets quite hot and muggy in the underground subway terminal, and it is a germophobe's worst nightmare!

After riding the subway uptown to Soho, we were able to break into groups and explore.  Hannah, Naja, and I walked through Greenwich Village, where we found a cute little shop named Tierra.  Everything in there is handmade in Spain.  I wanted to buy so much, but decided on a cute pair of flower earrings.


We then started walking towards the subway to catch one to our restaurant, and along the way found some cool graffiti.

Hannah, Naja, and I had no idea where we were going, trying to get to the subway, but alas, we figured it out! We traversed the subways on our own, while another group got so lost they just had to hail a cab. Lol

We did make it to dinner at Chelsea Ristorante, and I must say it was amazing! I ordered the fettuccine with pesto.  This was the best pasta I've ever had.  You could tell it was handmade.

For dessert, of course I had to get my favorite Italian dessert...Tiramisu!  I feel like it's just my duty to order it at every Italian restaurant I go to and compare!  This tiramisu definitely did not disappoint!

After dinner Hannah, Naja, and I decided to walk back to the hotel, which was just straight up 8th Ave from the restaurant.  Slowly we're learning our way around!

Tomorrow, we get to go to the MET and explore some more.  So, until next time y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment