Saturday, January 21, 2012

Jumper 'Round

so, i don't know what it is, but i have become infatuated with jumpers.  of course, my love of retro clothing has something to do with it, but i think too its that i just love the look and simplicity of them.  now i know that most people just think of jumpers being for little girls, but , hey!, you can certainly style them in a way that be tailored for a person in their 20s, and still keep that retro vibe.
yes, this picture is very small, but you can get the gist of where my inspiration came from.  this is a tan jumper from Modcloth.com (love this site!!) that was on there 'til they had their cabin fever sale and it sold out.  from the moment i saw this i fell in love with it and decided i wanted to make something similar to it.


so here is my version!  it is solid black corduroy and features two awesome patterned buttons i found at Joann fabrics.  the front panel is only in the front, it has a zipper in the back, and i did 1/4 circle skirt for the bottom.  this was my first one, so of course there are things that i know to do differently and change up a little for the others i make.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. great, that's what I love to hear!! that was the purpose of starting this blog. to show off my creations and inspire others, like I can get inspiration from other blogs.

      Delete